Although chronic fatigue can be debilitating, it is often overlooked or dismissed because those who suffer may appear healthy. At Port Moody health we will complete a throughout the assessment to uncover the root cause of your fatigue and support the recovery of your natural energy production and metabolism.
The assessment for fatigue is always individualized but may include testing for:
- Thyroid: Thyroid function and the role it plays in overall hormone and energy balance is critical. The general screening test for thyroid function (TSH) can often miss thyroid dysfunction. We offer in-house comprehensive thyroid testing for a better understanding of how your thyroid function may be affecting your energy levels and metabolism.
- Adrenal glands and stress: Chronic stress can have a significant impact on energy levels. Using salivary or urinary testing, we are able to identify how stress is affecting your hormone levels and then use this information to support healthy hormone balance and stress resilience.
Sleep: Restorative sleep is crucial for recovery. If lack of sleep is contributing to your fatigue, we can help you restore healthy sleep patterns so that you can wake feeling rested.
- Toxins: Any build of of toxins over time can inhibit proper metabolic function in the body. We offer testing to identify levels of toxins such as heavy metals, and comprehensive detoxification programs that leave our patients feeling re-energized. If heavy metals are identified as an area of concern for you, we also offer chelation on-site to help remove those metals from deep tissue stores.
- Inflammation: Aberrant activation of the immune system (which can be caused by food sensitivities, poor gut health, chronic infections, lack of sleep or chronic stress) can contribute to fatigue, pain and depression. We can help you identify and treat the factors that are contributing to your symptoms.
- Nutrition: Our team of physicians are trained in medical nutrition. We will evaluate your diet to identify any nutritional deficiencies that may be contributing to fatigue and create an individualized dietary plan to promote optimal energy.
- Mitochondrial function: The mitochondria are like tiny energy plants inside of everyone of your cells. When the mitochondria aren’t functioning properly, people will often experience symptoms of fatigue, depression, nerve pain, etc. We can assess your mitochondrial function and provide nutritional and antioxidant support to restore mitochondrial energy production.