PRP injections are a safe and efficient way of providing a fresh, radiant and youthful look without the need for surgery. Thus making this an excellent treatment for acne scars. The fact that the platelet-rich plasma is derived from your own blood supply makes it an effective procedure without the risk of side effects or rejection from your body.
PRP is a natural treatment that doesn’t require artificial fillers or chemicals. It contains growth factors and stem cells which stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin, helping to reduce the appearance of scars, leaving you with permanently brighter and smoother skin.
Improvements to your skin should be noticed within the first few weeks of receiving the treatment as the collagen and elastin start to restore. The skin will appear plumper with the appearance of scars beginning to diminish.
In addition PRP can also prevent fresh breakouts, due to the therapy helping to stimulate the flow of blood and oxygen in the body which work to remove the build-up of toxins.
- A numbing agent will be applied to the treatment area.
- A small amount of blood will be drawn from your arm.
- The blood is then placed into a machine that spins the blood at high speeds separating it into different layers: red blood cells and white blood cells
- A second layer of spinning is done to remove the red and white blood cells leaving a serum containing platelets, growth and healing components.
- This is then prepared for injection into the skin.